Friday, July 24, 2009

Battery Box Update

I have been working hard on the metal welding and forming needed to complete the battery boxes. It is going a lot slower than I anticipated. I removed the two existing frame supports running directly under the bed and I am in the process of adding new supports that will provide for more battery room.
Under the truck bed before starting battery boxes. Note the two, looks like three, supports running directly under the bed. Those are the ones I removed and replaced with new supports.
Here is the oxy acetylene torch and cylinders I used for heating the metal to make my bends.
I created this low budget metal forming jig out of some cinder blocks.
Rear most battery box lateral supports (note stock supports have been cut out)
Middle battery boxes supportsOne of the middle battery boxes complete.Welding for both middle battery boxes is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment