Tuesday, August 25, 2009

NetGain Charger Arrived!

My new NetGain charger arrived in the mail today. I unboxed it and took a few pics. Right away you notice the huge heat sink fins protruding from both side, the good thing is the unit has no fans so should be quiet. It is a large unit, much larger than Zivan's NG3. The size is making me reconsider how my engine compartment will be laid out.

Overall it looks like a nice piece of hardware and I can't wait to try it out. It has an included thermal sensor for adjusting the charging profile based on battery temperature. The DC side has an anderson connector and the AC side has a normal male three prong outlet plug (120V).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lance, Where did you order the charger from? Also, does it in fact work on 120V and 240V? Thank you,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. sorry I didn't reply earlier. I got it from Pioneer Conversions but it is now available at several EV suppliers like here. It does do 120V and 240V but I haven't tested it in 240V mode yet. It has been working nicely in 120V for a few recharges after test drives. I hope to have a 240V outlet installed in my garage soon.

    ReplyDelete