Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still working when I can

I apologize for not posting in a long time. Thankfully I have still been able to work on the truck as time permits. It hasn't progressed as quickly as I would have liked, due to other things taking my time, but it is still moving along. As a matter of fact, I went for a test drive around the block last weekend. There is still a lot to do but overall the test drive went great. I called it my mini-EV grin experience because it still isn't street legal. I have a call out to my insurance agent about covering the car and I need to visit the department of motor vehicles to get license plates.

Below are some recent pics of the project

Above is my main board housing all my components. Items here include
  1. Iota DLS-55
  2. Two Contactors
  3. Pot box w/ throttle attached
  4. Main fuse
  5. NetGain Controls Charger

My board has two tiers. This picture shows the second tier attached and it contains the controller, easy disconnect for wiring, and fuse box. I had to go with this stacked configuration because the charger was so large and I wanted to keep it in the car for remote charging away from home.


Here is a shot of my front battery boxes with some insulation around them. towards the back you can see my two main Anderson disconnects. One for traction pack (red) and one for motor connection (blue). I was pleased to see the different color Anderson connectors don't work together so it isn't possible to plug the red into the blue by accident. The white tube on the top right is my vacuum reservoir for the brakes. I made it myself out of PVC piping.

Here is an updated shot of my rear battery box. It still isn't covered with the bed because I have had problems with my bed hinges holding the weight as I raise it. For now I am going to secure the bed to the truck using the original bolts and revisit the tilt bed later.

No comments:

Post a Comment